You're pretty lucky, you're getting 2 posts on the same day. I must be feeling pretty motivated.
Typically, Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday of the year. Don't get me wrong, I think there definitely needs to be a holiday to celebrate LOVE! But, Valentine's Day has just become so commercialized, and there are so many expectations that it's sort of killed the beauty of it for me.
Also, add to that being almost 25 and single, in Provo, Utah, at BYU, and Valentine's Day becomes miserable...
But really, the worst part is when there is someone very special that you care about so much, and you feel like they'll never care about you the same way you care about them. As John Mayer says, "Noone ever really wins in heartbreak warfare..." Then he contradicts himself though by saying, "If you want more love, why don't you say so?" I agree. I think honesty is the best policy, especially when it comes to relationships. So many of the major problems in the world stem from dishonesty. Heartbreak is no different. I'm saying it - I want more love!
I guess I could choose to not feel bitter about this holiday, so last night, after having one of the longest, busiest, hardest weeks in months, and after having a major mental breakdown for a variety of reasons, I cuddled up and watched "This Is It," the movie about Michael Jackson. It was bliss. And even though sometimes MJ might have been on the verge of insanity, he is definitely one of the greatest entertainers and talented artists of all-time - at least in my book. I love his music. I love his dancing. I love that I want to dance to every single one of his songs. And last night, I discovered that I love how much he freely expressed his love for everyone that he worked with, all the time. He kept saying it, "God bless. I love you. Love. L.O.V.E."
So, this Valentine's Day evening, it comes down to this: I want more love! I want more love in every aspect of life! I want to love more freely, more openly, more deeply, without reserve! I want to love the life I'm living more, and live the life I love (thanks Jenna)!
Beth, Good for you! Carl Jung said, "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." I look forward to many more posts from inside the bubble :). Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI hope our time together the other evening helped you start this blog easily. Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you got to watch "This is It" with the person that you were planning on watching it with...
ReplyDeletebethy! just found your blog... :) so excited to keep up with you through the wonderful blogging world!
ReplyDelete