My roommate, Sue-bear, recently introduced me to Ingrid Michaelson's music...which I actually already knew a bunch of her stuff, just didn't know her name. So, tonight, this post covers a lot of my feelings as of late, but they're all lyrics from a bunch of her songs. Enjoy, and thanks Ingrid!
- The storm is coming, but I don't mind.
People are dying, I close my blinds.
All that I know is I'm breathing now.
I want to change the world.
- I have fallen down again tonight
In this world it's hard to get it right.
Trying to make your heart fit like a glove
What it needs is love, love, love.
-Have I taken a wrong turn?
When will I learn? When will I learn?
Should I show them all my scars?
If I look to my right, will I see the one I fight for?
Or if I turn to my left, will I see that I have kept my heart locked up, locked up so tight?
Love is everywhere, but not a drop for me to drink.
Tie me up and bind my feet.
Drop me in and watch me sink.
- Happy is the heart that still feels pain.
Darkness drains and light will come again.
Swing open your chest and let it in.
Just let the love, love, love begin.
- I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok.
I just want to be ok today.
I just want to feel today, feel today,
I just want to feel something today.
- Open me up and you will see I'm a gallery of broken hearts.
I'm beyond repair. Let me be, and give me back my broken parts.
Just give me back my pieces, just give them back to me please.
Just give me back my pieces and let me hold my broken parts.
- Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess,
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess.
And we are so fragile, and our cracking bones make noise.
And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.
Hey girl! Ingrid Michaelson is one of my favorite artists, I discovered her a couple of years ago and can't get enough! P.S. I love you :)
ReplyDeleteI love her music...so fun!
ReplyDelete