Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys-r-us kid.....



Lately I've been feeling like I have to grow up or something...i'm in some transitional phase where everything in my life is leading me towards that awful, scary word - adulthood! hahaha. it makes me laugh sometimes. When I actually was a little kid, I always wanted to be a grownup, and my daddy would constantly tell me, "Beth, don't be in such a rush to grow up." Of course I never listened, and now that I'm sorta, maybe, beginning, or rather being forced by life to grow up in certain ways, I wish I would've listened. That's hindsight bias for you though right? 

My little brother, who's now 11 years old and at that age where he teases and jokes about everything, always reminds me that I'm now a "quarter of a century old," he thinks he's quite funny. 

Anyway, on my 25th birthday, I happened to be in California with my family (before I moved out there) and we decided that it would be awesome to come up with "25 Things to do with a Quarter" in honor of my 25th birthday. We started making a list, but never really finished it and never completed the ones that we did write down. So, my goal this week is to come up with a total 25 things, and then to complete them. 

I just need to feel like a kid again. So, tonight, I'm starting with #1 - ride on one of the kiddie rides outside K-Mart or Toys'R Us, or wherever they may be.

Please leave any ideas you have in my comments......

Thanks, and here's to being a kid!

3 comments:

  1. Quarters are good for the following:
    1. Buying Jawbreakers
    2. Playing Slot machines
    3. Laundromat (a short time in the dryer)
    4. Buying Gum balls
    5. Buying Penny candy
    6. Flipping to see heads or tails
    7. Spinning on a table top when you're bored
    8. Starting a collection - 1 from each state
    9. Bribing grandkids for a foot massage
    10. Using as a pattern when you need a small
    but perfect circle.
    11. Throwing into a fountain to make a wish
    12. Paying tithing on $2.50
    13. Teaching kids about the value of money
    14. Using as a visual aid when teaching
    fractions and decimals (1/4 = 25%)
    15. Gluing onto the sidewalk to watch people
    try to pick it up.
    16. Making a piggy bank jingle.
    17. Using the air machine at the gas station
    (actually, this takes 4 quarters, but I'm
    running out of ideas)
    I'm too tired right now to think up any more - maybe tomorrow . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extending on #4 from Nila's list, I say go to a mall and find one of those gigantic gumball complexes, and then buy the one that looks the yummiest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha....I love the idea of riding a little kid ride outside Toys R' Us. Be sure and take a picture of yourself doing that!

    ReplyDelete