Good morning, good morning! Apparently people are anxiously awaiting to hear how yesterday night went. I'll get to that, but let me recap the day first - no skipping to the end friends.
7:34 am - my property manager show's up in my bedroom with 2 plumbers, both who happen to be attractive young men.....I'm totally asleep in my bed, in my g's.....why didn't they knock? Awkward start to the day. *gulp* And why don't people keep normal business hours? Or call before barging in? Haha! Oh wait, she did call and leave a voicemail, but I get no reception, literally. Oh well, at least I had a blanket.
10:00 am - start new job.
****Backtrack*****
9:15 am - brushing my teeth, house phone rings. It's Dan, Mr. Mormon attorney. Nice guy who I interviewed with a few times, but he ended up deciding to hire someone who "had 25 years experience working in family law," but he really did like me, it's nothing personal, promise. He laughs and says, "Beth I have a funny life story for you, and then I want to know if you'll come work for me." He proceeds to tell me about how he hired this woman with all that experience, she shows up the first day and doesn't know the first thing about anything - oh great. Apparently she totally lied and puffed up her resume. Day 2 of her job, he shows up, she had left him a voicemail, quitting. Thus, calls me, relays this story, and says, "so I should've hired you in the first place like I thought. I'll start you at ____ per hour, benefits after 90 days, etc.etc.etc. what do you think? Will you come work for me?" Me, kindly thank him for the offer but explain that I start a new job today, and I need some time to think it over. He surprisingly says, "oh that was fast. Yeah, but I need to know soon, can you call me by tomorrow afternoon?" Yes, yes I'll call.
9:30am - Leave for work, at my 1st day at my new, part-time job.
Spent all day contemplating my dilemma, working, deciding which path would be most beneficial all around. After spending the day at work, I got an ok feel of what it would generally be like at that job. Spoke to my boss with frankness about the situation before me. He was sad because he felt like we'd work great together, but running a small family biz from home, as an entrepreneur, he couldn't offer me any more money right then, and could honestly never offer any benefits - they have a hard time with their own health insurance as small biz owners.....even worse w/Mr. Obama's implementations (Sorry if any of you are Obama supporters, I'm just stating a simple fact). But he was very kind and understanding, and wished he could offer something to keep me.
5pm - get home from work. Get ready for date. At least one thing was going to start out great - I knew I looked good, which makes me feel good, which definitely helps in the confidence arena. :)
7pm - meet at his place (he lives north of me like 30 minutes.....so it made no sense to backtrack, cuz we were heading north to Anaheim). He drove, even though I asked him. Very gentlemanly.
Dinner at Pei Wei Asian Diner, yummy yum yum! Good food, good conversation. Much laughter over our fortune cookie future telling. Then it was off to the car show. The whole night was a blast. Very casual. No stress. No awkwardness whatsoever. He's definitely a gentleman, which is always refreshing.
I don't know if he'll ask me out in the future or not, but we definitely just had a fun time. And if we don't go out again, oh well. If nothing else, it was helpful for 2 things - boosting my confidence, and helping me in my car shopping woes. (I have to buy a car in January)
Oh, and no tossing of the cookies all night = success. :)
Why was I all stressed out?
OK, your life IS a roller coaster - hang on and enjoy the ride! So happy the date was successful, and your new job will pay the bills and then some. Go forth and get 'em, Girl!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it all went well. :)
ReplyDeleteHooray for first dates. I can't wait to hear more :)
ReplyDelete