Sunday, November 6, 2011

a dark sunday afternoon

ok friends, so I know it's been ages since I last blogged - life get's busy, ya know. sorry for my slacking in the blogging department.

right now, it's 5:09 pm on sunday afternoon, and it's almost dark outside already. what a shame. winter is here. the mountains are covered in snow, and our cars were covered in ice this morning. yes, it's true, i'm in utah and winter is here. good thing i'm flying back to california on tuesday. i know i'm crazy for moving to utah on the cusp of winter, but in reality, i won't be in utah too much until the beginning of the year. so realistically, i only have to survive january - march of coldness...then the sporadic snowstorms thru, oh, probably June. haha. 

the last few weeks have been insanely busy. getting ready to move. cleaning out my apartment. dejunking my life. working like a maniac. selling my car. looking for a bigger car so i can do wedding deliveries (and let me tell you what...I just did a wedding this past weekend, and could barely pull it off in my Mom's nissan armada, which is a huge car. this could mean trouble in the car shopping department). actually driving and moving all my stuff to utah. living out of boxes. doing flowers for a wedding. planning another wedding in utah on november 26th. trying to figure out school stuff, ie. if I'm actually going to start taking grad school pre-reqs or not come january. where to live. find a part-time job to pay the freaking bills. ya know, just life. 

no updates on the magical first date guy from conference weekend. haven't seen or talked to him since I got back to utah. supposidly he has the flu. who knows. i've also been spending a lot of time talking to this other guy I met online (surprisingly, they're not ALL crazy, even though there are plenty of the crazies out there). he seems to be pretty fantastic. too bad he lives in new mexico. but, he's probably flying to california for a weekend here pretty soon, ie. before i move to utah. so that is potentially kind of a big deal. wowzers. 

i don't really have too much else to report. it's been a whirlwind. i definitely have plenty of emotions about everything thats happening in my life right now, but just not much to say about them all. change is good. change is hard. i can do it. all that's left to say is this: 

"Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future."

I believe in that, whole-heartedly. Otherwise, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing. 

1 comment:

  1. Just READING about your life makes me tired! I can't imagine living it! Grad school? When would you fit that in? Even YOU have to sleep once in a while! What are you seeking a post-grad degree in? LOVE the Faith quote. It reminds me of another I love - (paraphrased, of course). "We already know who will win the war between good and evil - we just have to decide which side we're fighting on." So true.
    I'm so excited that your business is taking off - you GO, Girl!

    ReplyDelete