Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 - The New Old Me


This is it. 2012 is the year I reclaim me, reclaim my life, reclaim control. 2011 Was a rough year, for me personally and for my family. Don’t get me wrong, it was pretty great, but also pretty tough. And surely 2012 will present its challenges, as that is the usual course of life, but mostly, it’s looking pretty darn fantastic.

This year I will take care of myself physically for the first time in years. I will get back in shape and be sexy. My boobs will get smaller. My muscles will get bigger and my fat will get smaller. I will eat better. I have posted old pictures of myself when I was skinnier and healthier all over to motivate me. And I might be posting a couple pics of motivating men that I’d love to date to keep me going too.

I’m moving to NYC in a couple weeks, for only 6 weeks for a temporary job. I’m going to live with one of my best friends, Kristy. We will work by day and party by night. Sleep is optional for those coming 6 weeks. I will experience as much of NYC as I can in those short 6 weeks. I will chase a handsome man who also happens to live in NYC, not that anything will happen, but I will make sure we definitely spend some time together.

Then I’ll come back to Utah and start my new job. Salaried job. Benefits. Awesome. And they’re gonna wait for me to get back from NYC. My new employer thought it was a great idea and that I should go and when will I be able to go do that ever again with such perfect timing? I agreed. I like him already, and I think I’m going to like working for him, even though it’s in Provo. Ugh. But still great.

Also, my girl Miriam who I’ll be moving in with in Utah once I get back from NYC, just found out that her old contract doesn’t end until the end of February…which we thought was actually end of January so we were going to get a place February 1st…man does Heavenly Father make things work out or what? Miriam helped me remember this week that Satan wants us to be miserable. I think I had honestly forgotten that, or at least not consciously thought about it in a long time. He doesn’t want us to be happy. He doesn’t want things to work out for us. But the Lord does. And the Lord makes it happen. So cool. I love it.
Yeah, so, I have a bunch of other goals for the year, but I just wanted to give you a quick rundown and update cuz it’s been a while since I’ve blogged. Thanks for listening.

Happy New Year. May your 2012 be all you dream. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like things are working out well for you! I'm curious about the new job in Provo, and the 6-week job in NYC - didn't see that one coming! And the Mom in me has to mention that 6 weeks with no sleep in NYC doesn't fit in too well with the pledges of better health in the first 2 paragraphs! Have a great time, be safe, and realize you expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for life, right?! Good luck with the next several months. NYC will be a great experience, I'm sure. And Nila's comment above made me laugh. :)

    Myliu tave. :)

    ReplyDelete