Tuesday, May 25, 2010

True about our world today?

I read a book called The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien. It's a vivid memoir of the Vietnam War. He says the following...and although he's speaking about the war, I feel like it's very reflective of the world we are now living in on a daily basis. What do you think?

"There is no clarity. Everything swirls. The old rules are no longer binding, the old truths no longer true. Right spills over into wrong. Order blends into chaos, love into hate, ugliness into beauty, law into anarchy, civility into savagery...the only certainty is overwhelming ambiguity."

I'm grateful for the clarity and truth the restored Gospel brings into my life.

1 comment:

  1. True to some extent, but there are also millions of grounded, courageous people out there with a solid sense of morality. I choose to live my life holding on to the iron rod of what is eternally real, and to help my family and friends do the same. Pessimism is the antithesis of progress . . .

    ReplyDelete