No, I'm not dating somebody named David. Or any man by any other name for that matter.
But today, when I got home from church around 5:15, I found David Archuleta's Christmas CD. And yesterday at the grocery store, along with a Thanksgiving turkey, I purchased one of those bags of cinnamon scented pine cones. I think I'm feeling the holiday itch. So now, I'm scarfing some leftover Maggiano's italian food, listening to some Christmas music, and about to make peanut blossom cookies - ya know, the kind with the hershey's kiss in the middle.
I'm normally against listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but given the fact that I have no snow, no change of season, no family around, nothing....I feel ok about listening to it today. Why not enjoy the season, and be grateful and celebrate the life of our Savior more than just a month? And Christmas music does just that for me! It makes me celebrate deep inside my soul the birth, life, atonement and resurrection of my Savior Jesus Christ. It makes my heart want to burst with joy! Who doesn't want a little more of that joy? And I needed it today.
I apologize for not posting much lately, but life has just gotten a bit crazy. Being the new "RSP" has it's ups and downs for sure. Today was a fantastic Sunday, but exhausting at the same time. There is SO much to figure out, and to be aware of, so many people with such great needs. I had quite the mix of emotions as I sat through ward council this morning, listening to and participating in the work of the Lord with so many fantastic people. I had this secret little moment of jealousy thinking, man if this was how it worked on my mission we'd have gotten sooo much more done! Haha. But seriously, the power and peace and responsibility that I felt as I sat in that office with 15 incredibly dedicated, faithful, compassionate, loving, Christlike people, who truly care about their brothers and sisters over whom they have stewardship was such a privilege. It was inspiring.
I also was able to reflect simply on how blessed I truly am, how lucky I am to be exactly where I'm at in my life right now. I'm so grateful for the gospel, for both the inner and outer peace it brings to the chaos that is life. I've really felt that since being set apart - sincere gratitude that my life is good, in every aspect. The Lord has and continues to richly bless me. For what reasons, I can't say. I don't feel that I deserve all the awesomeness that is my life, but I'm grateful for it - and want to strive to work to deserve all the blessings He pours down on me.
So tonight, a little bit of David Archuleta, singing about the Savior, from the line of David, is just what I need to enjoy my Sunday of blissful blessings.
Aaaaahhh - Reading this blog was an inspiring Sunday sermon on gratitude - made me feel good all day. And I'm definitely going to get David's Christmas CD. He came and went while we were in the Baltics, but I hear from several people that he's wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThank you for putting your wisdom and insights into print - they never fail to brighten my mood and outlook on life.
XOXO Nila