Sunday, November 7, 2010

Strength

Sorry I haven't posted in over a week. The past week has been pretty busy. I came across this fantastic thought this week, and wanted to share it, because it encompasses a lot of my feelings regarding what's been on my mind. 

"A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong."

Last Sunday I was called to be one of the new Relief Society Presidents in my ward, and sustained and set apart today. They decided to split the sisters by age, into 2 Relief Societies. So I am over the 18-25 year olds, which stresses me out much less than 200+ girls. I've been kind of a basket case all week, not in a bad way - just feeling totally inadequate, overwhelmed, and just plain sorta shocked. 


When the Bishop sat me down last week to call me, I felt like I had been totally blindsided. I literally had no idea it was coming. It was a rough week to say the least, I just couldn't focus. The weight of this calling and the responsibilities attached to it were felt immediately. 


There has been so much I've wanted to write about this week, the things I've been feeling, the thoughts in my head. But I couldn't post anything until after I'd been sustained in church. Now I'm just tired and don't have much to say right now. I sorta just wanna get to bed. Maybe you could all pray for me though? That would be much appreciated. Thanks for all your love and support.

4 comments:

  1. That is so amazing! You are going to be awesome. Prayers for you, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be wonderful! I'm sure it is overwhelming, but I know that you are up to the task! We are praying for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'll pray for you! And don't freak out about this. Get the manual, read it thoroughly, then lace up your running shoes and get going! Don't worry about comparing yourself to others - just rely on divine guidance and your loving heart. You will be God's instruments for accomplishing huge amounts of good in the lives of these women. They are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete