Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sluffing Institute Tonight

Did anyone else ever use the term "sluffing" in high school? Meaning, ditching class? Well, tonight, right now, I'm sluffing institute. Shame. On. Me. What kind of Relief Society President am I being? It's too early for me to be slacking off already...too bad.   ;)

It's sort of been a long day. I'm hormonal and cranky, which is never good. Also super tired. I didn't get home from church until 11:15pm last night. I've been feeling super overwhelmed in general the past while. And today at work, all day, I just felt like - blah. I'm a mess. I just got this huge calling that consumes my thoughts for a good chunk of the day and night, and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do. And just 4 weeks earlier I started a new full-time job, in which I have SO MUCH to learn, and definitely haven't gotten my footing yet. And pile it all together today - pms, stressful work, overwhelming calling, major lack of sleep, and my Daddy flew back to Utah today.....it was a recipe for what I now am. A puddle of mush sitting on my couch, achy muscles, tired eyes, tired brain, tired spirit, and sluffing institute.


I'll feel better tomorrow though. A hot shower, good night's rest, a little prayer, and I'll be a new woman.

Sweet dreams. Saldziu sapnu. Saldas sapnas. Spoky Noky.

3 comments:

  1. I love you! Next week I'm coming and we're going to see Harry Potter and get our nails done, and maybe put ourselves into a chocolate coma, how does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We used the term "sluffing" in high school but when I went away to college out of state no one had ever heard of that term before. It must be a Utah term.

    Hope you're feeling better today! You are amazing in all that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the one (the Lord said :). So don't fret - what you have to offer is just the ticket.

    You're a great organizers and delegator! Just keep for your assignment "loving" the Sisters. What goes around comes around and before you know it your load will be lightened too.

    Happy for you to have this wonderful opportunity.

    ReplyDelete